S3 won’t go over 4000rpm

Hi my 57 8p Audi s3 won’t go over 4000rpm and has lost power and won’t go over 20 mph anybody no the cause Many thanks

Is the engine light on?
It. Was but I looked and it was misfire in multiple cylinders so I erased it I have a phew times now as I don’t run it much at minute but I start up and no light now just this fault

S3Fan

Administrator
It. Was but I looked and it was misfire in multiple cylinders so I erased it I have a phew times now as I don’t run it much at minute but I start up and no light now just this fault
You'll need to drive it for a bit for the light to come back on. Have you checked the coils and the plugs?

You'll need to drive it for a bit for the light to come back on. Have you checked the coils and the plugs?
No not yet that’s tomorrow’s job I’ve bought better plugs as it’s stage 2 so think ones in are rubbish may just do coils as well

S3Fan

Administrator
No not yet that’s tomorrow’s job I’ve bought better plugs as it’s stage 2 so think ones in are rubbish may just do coils as well
That's probably going to be the easiest to diagnose before you dig too deep. Keep us posted