Welcome to the #1 Audi S3 Forum and Audi S3 community dedicated to Audi S3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi S3 Forum today!

S3 noises and acceleration

Nskeates

Reactions
City
Chipperfield
State
WA
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3 black edition
Hello, I'm new here as not yet own an S3 but test drove one today. It was a 2012 black edition.
I currently own a 2011 TTS which gives a very different drive and sound to the S3 I drove today that's why I'm asking a couple of questions.

1) do you get a quite load induction noise upon acceleration as I do not get this in my TTS.

2) Is the exhaust quite loud growl when accelerating hard ? With TTS it's more of a deep throat noise.

Thanks for any help

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
1. I really don't notice loud intake noise but it's winter so I'm not really driving with the windows open. I would think mine would be louder since I'm running the Neuspeed intake but still I don't hear it with the windows up. https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/neuspeed-p-flo-intake-kit-blue-15-a3-s3-15-gti-golf

2. I don't think it's that loud but it is noticeably louder in sport mode. My wife thinks it's loud in sport mode.

Kind of hard to explain noise in text. I like a louder car but this isn't Mustang/Camaro loud. It is louder in sport mode than the 2002 TT 225 I had years ago.
You should take that 2012 back out drop it in sport mode and floor it :)

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
I'm not sure how the 2011 sounds but for the 2015 and up there's very little induction noise. Exhaust does growl a bit when accelerating hard, but with the fake sound pumped in it's hard to tell how loud.

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I have exhaust set to dynamic and do get induction sound under full throttle. The exhaust is also louder but some of it is piped in electronic noise. In any event I love the sounds and is one of the things I enjoy. Under normal driving I hear none of it!

OP
N

Nskeates

Reactions
City
Chipperfield
State
WA
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3 black edition
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Car went to audi main dealer and there was 13 error codes and a turbo issue.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. Car went to audi main dealer and there was 13 error codes and a turbo issue.
Keep us posted on the fix.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audi S3/RS3 Discussions 1