Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Newbie - help me decide?

ymxymx

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Hi All - I?m new to the Audi world and hoping you can sway my decision. My former car was a Mini Cooper but I was just in a bad accident (other driver?s fault) and I?m a bit PTSD about getting another small Mini. I?ve driven the larger Countryman and it just isn?t fun like the 2 door.

I?m working with a lease broker and he can get me an Audi S3 or a BMW 320i xDrive for the same cost (about $1500 down and $300/month). It seems like the S3 is a no brainer - yes? Will I be happy driving it compared to my little Cooper?

The other consideration is I?m really a manual transmission guy and was disappointed that I can?t get a manual in an Audi or a BMW unless I?m willing to lease a really high-end model which is above my budget. So the only manual I?m looking at is the Countryman S - which as I said just isn?t as fun to drive but at least it has a stick.

I liked the feel of the S3 on my test drive but don?t know if I can get used to not having a manual transmission.

Your thoughts appreciated!

Last edited:

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
As a former Mini S owner myself, I can attest you'll be very happy with the size and performance of the S3.