got a friend who wants to race me with his lexus rc350

Staff member
Reactions
so my pretty much stock s3 might go against this lexus rc350, what should i do to prepare for the race? is there any bolt on i should do to give me a little bit more of an edge?

his car should have more than 3xxhp ( i think 311hp) while mine is at 292hp.

S3Fan

Administrator
Reactions
You should be able to take him no problem. Make sure to use launch mode lol.

Reactions
The rc350 has really low torque numbers, you should get this.

Reactions
You got this one.

Staff member
Reactions
i was planning on not doing the special launch mode. just normal wot.

or would a rolling run work as well? maybe from 5mph?

Diztek

Reactions
you'll be fine. i imagine you'd be better off from a dig than a rolling start. let the awd benefit you.

Salacious3

Reactions
Well did you race him? You really should take that one rolling and it wouldn't even be close with a launch. You're 400 pounds lighter so that 19hp you're giving up isn't even an issue.

Staff member
Reactions
nope. never had the time to do it.

Staff member
Reactions
yeah i agree.

but right now the S3 is at the dealership getting its coolant issue resolved after 2 previous attempts.
the dealership always have told me its a burping of the coolant issue from the factory but i knew it wasnt but i still went with it. the second time they said the same thing, and it was a year apart. so yeah sure its a air in the lines. [scratch] there was constant coolant odor when i opened the hood.

so for the third time they said there is an issue with a leak. i dont remember where exactly but from forum members they all say there is a known issue on these from the manufacturing.

i also have the apr downpipe sitting in the garage and i think i may install it in december when i have more time. that might be fun. but even before that i plan on installing stainless steel brake lines.